SONY XBR 50/60, Just received my 60, Important info and great HDTV

M

MikeLi

Took delivery on my Sony XBR60 yesterday and played with it most of the day. Great TV by the way and I am kind of picky with TV's. Have always had Pioneer Elites in the past but did not want to go plasma this time and that's all they do now.

Anyway regarding HDMI. I spent, along with two installers that came out an hour and lunch with me playing with this TV using HDMI and Component on different inputs using my HDirecTivo. I could (nor could they) see any noticeable different between the two. Of course this is using very good component cables and also a very good HDMI cable that I paid a fortune for as well. Will save it for my new DVD player that has HDMI to do the same test as well when it gets here. Anyway after all of that we decided that unless your going to your pre/pro then to your TV that there is no reason for HDMI for the HDSatellite. I run all video connections directly to my TV. I don't run anything video through my pre/pro but could, just think you get a better picture by going straight to the source. So out went the HDMI at least for the DirecTivo and this TV set. Second I use two inputs for the HDirecTivo. One for S-Video where I use a good cable again to one input for SD only channels. They look better and crisper and sharper this way than forcing an upconvert to 1080i or in the new case even 1080P. I then use another input for the component cable for just HD channels in 1080i/P. Works perfect this way. BTW I love this TV. Always have been down on Sony TV's but this one has been worth the extra little bit so far. You plug your video camera into the front and it automatically knows you did it, shows it and you can operate the camera from the couch with the TV remote and also for still memory stick photos. It displays them as thumbnails at start up then you can do a complete screen display with their music in background or add your own. Unbelievable... :clap:

M

MikeLi

I already did but was getting no responses so I figured somebody up here could come up with some help>...
Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom