Sony X95H Prime Video issue

leogets

Novice Member
I'm having an issue with my Sony X95H android Prime Video app. I get a German and Japanese warning message on start up, and the app is so slow at loading. Got to the stage I just don't use Prime anymore or I have to cast it to the TV on my phone or use my fire stick. Tried clearing the data and other troubleshooting things but issue still persists. Anyone else have this issue and could please share any helpful advice?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I'm having an issue with my Sony X95H android Prime Video app. I get a German and Japanese warning message on start up, and the app is so slow at loading. Got to the stage I just don't use Prime anymore or I have to cast it to the TV on my phone or use my fire stick. Tried clearing the data and other troubleshooting things but issue still persists. Anyone else have this issue and could please share any helpful advice?

No issues with mine. Have you tried a reboot?...press and hold the remote power on/off button until the television restarts. If that fails you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

leogets

Novice Member
Yeah I've tried a reboot, deleted the app and reinstalled. Tried lots of troubleshooting things but nothing helped. Then I hotspot my phones data to the TV and Prime started straight away with no warning and loaded quickly. So I guess it's something to do with my Vodafone NBN or router. Even though the Vodafone chat support said there's nothing wrong with my interent connection. Chromecasting Prime and using my fire stick will get me by until I change internet providers.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Yeah I've tried a reboot, deleted the app and reinstalled. Tried lots of troubleshooting things but nothing helped. Then I hotspot my phones data to the TV and Prime started straight away with no warning and loaded quickly. So I guess it's something to do with my Vodafone NBN or router. Even though the Vodafone chat support said there's nothing wrong with my interent connection. Chromecasting Prime and using my fire stick will get me by until I change internet providers.

There seems to be lots of issues with various internet providers and mobile phone networks at the moment.

desinho

I always get this warning, frankly most of the time it never boots. The warning is that you supposedly are not connected to the internet, yet every other app has absolutely no problems to play. This has absolutely nothing to do with your internet provider, the app is just rubbish
Only use my Firestick as well (for Prime at least), also does framerate switching as a bonus perhaps 😉

Edit: funnily enough I just cleared the cache and it booted up straight away

Last edited:

leogets

Novice Member
I just cleared the cache and the app still opened with the warning and loaded slow. I only Chromecast Prime to the TV now. Fire stick is in the other room and don't really want to switch it out all the time. For some reason when hotspotting my phone's data to the TV Prime works fine. Hence the reason I think it's my NBN connection. Though all other apps seem fine. Except Disney+ that doesn't play Dolby vision anymore but I think that's their resent update that's to blame.

Edit....I have my NBN WiFi connected to my phone and using that to hotpot to my TV, not the mobile data. So I guess there's something wrong with the router not connecting properly with the X95H? Not the interent provider connection but a sh*tty router they provide.

Last edited:

desinho

I just cleared the cache and the app still opened with the warning and loaded slow. I only Chromecast Prime to the TV now. Fire stick is in the other room and don't really want to switch it out all the time. For some reason when hotspotting my phone's data to the TV Prime works fine. Hence the reason I think it's my NBN connection. Though all other apps seem fine. Except Disney+ that doesn't play Dolby vision anymore but I think that's their resent update that's to blame.

Edit....I have my NBN WiFi connected to my phone and using that to hotpot to my TV, not the mobile data. So I guess there's something wrong with the router not connecting properly with the X95H? Not the interent provider connection but a sh*tty router they provide.
Why would the router be the problem if all the other apps work fine? Prime can't start yet other apps play a UHD stream in the highest quality with no hickups o_O? Not to mention, you are not the only one it's happening to and I'm sure we will all be on different hardware.
And yes the clear cache turned out to only work once for me, the next try it already failed again :rolleyes:

leogets

Novice Member
Why would the router be the problem if all the other apps work fine? Prime can't start yet other apps play a UHD stream in the highest quality with no hickups o_O? Not to mention, you are not the only one it's happening to and I'm sure we will all be on different hardware.
And yes the clear cache turned out to only work once for me, the next try it already failed again :rolleyes:
Yes that's true, but I don't understand why though Prime loads fast with no warning when I hotspot my phones data to the TV. It still didn't play HDR, but the app was quick responding.

desinho

Yes that's true, but I don't understand why though Prime loads fast with no warning when I hotspot my phones data to the TV. It still didn't play HDR, but the app was quick responding.
Just looking around on Youtube I see a variety of devices with the same issue and as many different 'solutions' 😅. For one changing the system language of his Samsung tv was the solution, for another with a Sony tv he apparently changed his amazon password and hadn't bothered to update it in the app :facepalm:. And yet another had an adblock app on his Shield that apparently was the 'culprit'. Another 'solution' was to uninstall the updates for the Prime app/revert to the factory installed version ...
I will try a clear cache AND clear data one more time and if it still doesn't work I may factory reset the tv as I have another issue bugging me with the cable tuner settings (it will not accept a manual input of the Network ID, Frequency input works just fine on the other hand).

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom