Sony X90J Screen Issue - Horizontal Lines From Boxes

Karinthi

Hey, so was wondering if anyone has any idea on this weird issue that has cropped up on my new Sony XR-55X90J.

Essentially, if there is a lighter line, or box, on top of a darker colour I have this lighter horizontal line that crosses the entire screen. I've attached a picture of the PS5 settings menu, where it is most prominent and the Google TV settings menu, where it's less visible but still there to show it's not a PS5 or HDMI issue. It's also on the Xbox and TV Youtube App.

20210602_090548716_iOS.jpg

20210602_090642805_iOS.jpg

I know it's a little hard to see in the pictures but it's far more prominent on the TV itself. Hopefully it's not compressed so you can't see how bad it is.

The odd thing is, I had the TV for two days and it was perfect, but the power link to PS5 was a little temperamental so I turned it off along with HDCP and then turned them back on again. It was after I did that, that I noticed it.

Any idea on what could have happened or what I could do? I've contacted Sony already and sent them a video of it. My other option is to return and replace with the retailer but they're out of stock at the moment so I'll have to wait.

It just seems to me that it's more of a firmware/software issue than a screen issue but I could be completely wrong.

Steps I've tried:

Factory Reset
Picture Settings
HDMI Settings
Unplugging TV for period of time

Any help would be appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom