Sony x900h sound issues Xbox series X

dan006

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys need your help.I have had 2 Xbox series X ended up sending them both back due to crackle popping sound appearing only in 120 Hz mode through both Sony x900 TV and amp no fix could get rid also Atmos completely unplayable due to lag and constant cutting out..

I originally thought was the Xbox as heard others had same problem different TV plus glitch happens through amp as well but now I'm not sure.Only fix is 4k 60 Hz but you lose 120 plus Dolby Atmos ,at a loss on this one and can't think how to fix any ideas guys?.thanks in advance

Hi mate,

I have the same issue. Series X going to XH90 then eARC to a Sony soundbar. Constant drop-outs on Atmos in 120hz mode. Unfortunately I think we're waiting on a fix from Sony to improve this. Issue is with the tv and its current firmware.

Hi mate,

I have the same issue. Series X going to XH90 then eARC to a Sony soundbar. Constant drop-outs on Atmos in 120hz mode. Unfortunately I think we're waiting on a fix from Sony to improve this. Issue is with the tv and its current firmware.
And still not fixed, just bought this TV and so disappointed in Sony - I can return it to Costco, Q80T goes on big sale in 3 days but $640 more for the same 75 size. Benefits for me with the Samsung are Qsymphony with Q950T and anti glare bright room. What do you think, return it or wait for Sony to get it right? If they can't figure out EARC I have no faith in VRR 🤬

And still not fixed, just bought this TV and so disappointed in Sony - I can return it to Costco, Q80T goes on big sale in 3 days but $640 more for the same 75 size. Benefits for me with the Samsung are Qsymphony with Q950T and anti glare bright room. What do you think, return it or wait for Sony to get it right? If they can't figure out EARC I have no faith in VRR 🤬
Nope, new models are out, Sony will put no resources into fixing the old model. I would be rid of it tbh. I've yet to get my xbox but if this 120Hz is bad for me, I'll be doing all in my power to get rid too.

Nope, new models are out, Sony will put no resources into fixing the old model. I would be rid of it tbh. I've yet to get my xbox but if this 120Hz is bad for me, I'll be doing all in my power to get rid too.
I watched a YouTube vid with the new model, they fixed the 120 blur, but audio on XSX over EARC still cutting out in 120 mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom