Question Sony X900H 65" green flash on screen

Brox09

Novice Member
I have had two Sony X900H 65" TVs have the same issue (random green flash across screen). I replaced the first one because Best Buy said they had never heard of this problem with this TV, but the replacement TV is having the same issue. I have four devices plugged into the HDMI inputs. HDMI 1 - Comcast box; HDMI 2 - XBOXOne; HDMI 3 (ARC) - Sonos Beam ; HDMI 4 - 4K Fire Stick. I am experiencing this green flash across HDMI ports 1, 2, and 4, and also using an antenna. It happens randomly, sometimes once per day, and sometimes a few times a minute. I have tried unplugging the HDMI 1 and 2 devices, and it still occurs when using the HDMI 4 port. The common denominator is that the Sonos Beam is always connected. I have a higher quality HDMI cable I am using to connect to the HDMI 3 ARC port. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if there are settings I need to adjust that is causing this issue. I had read some online about HDCP handshaking issues, but I'm not sure what settings I need to adjust to see if that is the problem.

Attachments

• 2021-01-17_12-33-17.jpg
    2021-01-17_12-33-17.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 312

halloo

Novice Member
I had the same issue as you. I just did this to my TV a few minutes ago but I think this should fix it.
Go to Settings > Watching TV> External Input > HDMI signal format and change your input to Standard.

If you google x900h green flicker, I think others have had the same issue and the above fixed it

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom