Sony x85c input lag

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by gecko1, Jun 30, 2015.

1. gecko1

gecko1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm finding playing super smash bros on this TV pretty horrible, after a bit of digging I found out the input lag was around 39ms even on Game mode. I'd like to exchange it for another TV as I play a lot of fast paced games. I'm assuming I've just wasted a lot of money and that Currys probably won't exchange it :(

Does anyone have any advice or experience of being in the same situation?

Cheers.

2. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,467
    39ms isn't actually that bad for most people but obviously 2D 'fighters' could do with being as low as possible. The best TVs around for low input latency at the moment are the UHD Samsungs.

Edit: And no, unfortunately, I don't think you've a cat in hells of them exchanging on these grounds.

3. gecko1

gecko1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Update on my story:

So I actually did manage to exchange the TV for the Samsung ju7000 55inch.

I think they let me because I said I wasn't happy with android TV, which I wasn't. It was so buggy and the remote only seemed to register a press 70% of the time. It also wouldn't turn on sometimes and I had to turn the power off at the wall. Not really acceptable for a TV in my opinion.

It's a shame because the Sony looked fantastic. Very happy with the Samsung though, the interface and remote are leagues ahead, and the input lag is great.