Question Sony X8505 or Panasonic XC700?

PowerShot

Standard Member
I just wonder about this two lcd tv Sony X8505 or Panasonic XC700 (xc725). Last chance to try out my Panasonic TX-55CXC725. So I have to decide tomorrow which one to go for. I know Panasonic have some of the more advance and good picture technology when it goes for handling picture on this model, even more than other at the same price tag as I have heard. Black level are also very nice, and a important fact.

Panasonic XC700 do have a real good black level. But what about Sony?

My question goes around this things, and how them are supported by 8bit, 10bit or 12bit, 4:2:2, 60hz, HDCP 2.2, HDR etc?

I understand that this also are some important parts, maybe not right today then. Could someone help me to but together which Lcd Tv I should choose from this two Lcd Tv. I think xc700 (xc725) support 8 bit, 4:2:2 and HDCP 2.2. 8 bit are not so good for 4K, and you need more bit when it's actually comes to 4K. And Sony support 10 bit (I think), 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 and for sure HDR. HDR was released as a firmware update to Sony X8505. But even HDR have no clear standard yet.

Panasonic have three HDMI 2, HDCP 2.2. support on all 3 HDMI, but Sony have 4 HDMI, but actually support HDCP 2.2 only on two of the four HDMI inputs.

So please help me clarify some of this issue. I wish to have a tv that meet the future, even if I later sell the tv in the future, it would mean more to have some more ready tv. How can you later sell a 4K tv when it does not have HDCP 2.2 support? So I think this matter counts, and are somewhat important future one time in the futures.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom