Sony X800Mk2 (+others) Blu-ray Multi-region Modification

Ekko Star

Distinguished Member
This is the modification process for the Sony range of players.

The process below is for the X800Mk2 RattleByte mod and is for educational purposes only. I would not advise attempting it and leave it to a professional. You can easily destroy your machine unless you have advanced skills.

You will need advanced soldering skills, steady hands, soldering iron. A digital microscope and hot airflow station will also be handy.

RattleByte.jpg

RattleByte Multi-region Board

Board.jpg

Main board

MB.jpg

Remove the main board from the machine. There are 8 points to connect to the multi-region board.

Tools 1.jpg

ZHR 6 pin 1.5mm pitch connector - this helps for a neat finish if you don't wish to solder to pins

ZHR 6 1.5mm.jpg

Installed board

Installed.jpg

Once the multi-region board has been installed you will need to install custom modified firmware.

Your machine will then become fully multi-region and is able to play all region DVD's, Region A, B, C Blu rays and all region 4k UHD discs.

Thank you

Last edited:

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Brave! Not something that I would tackle. I’ve been tempted to import a region A machine, but as there have only been a couple of non-B BRs that I want to watch, I can’t justify it.

Ekko Star

Distinguished Member
It's not without its risks but I've done these types of things before. You will need a high level of competency and advanced skills.

Last edited:

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Interesting that there is a kit to buy now. I bought the player earlier this year, with a mod already installed (which works flawlessly) at an added premium of £100. Thought it was a bargain to be honest.

Floyd76

Standard Member
Just bought the X800 MK2, want region A added so will be interested to see the outcome. Sending it back otherwise, I like having the flexibility.

Ekko Star

Distinguished Member
Pics uploaded

DrMiezo

Novice Member
Well done and many thanks for posting! Please forgive my ignorance but how can a ZHR 6 pin 1.5mm pitch connector help if the solder points are spread all over the board and not only at one location? Do you have any close up pictures? Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom