Bennyp281080

hi I have a budget of around £900 for a 4K hdr led tv. It’s for our middle room and will be predominantly used by two little girls to stream 4K and hd Netflix, Nintendo switch, PS4 pro and uhd Blu-ray. What TVs are best to suit my needs within that budget. Thanks

Bennyp281080

For my budget I’ve narrowed it down to the Sony xe8004 or the Samsung MU8000. Which is the better tv? The Samsung is 100 more

Dodgexander

Are you sure that is the Samsung MU8000 you have found at that price? Its usually a lot more expensive than the Sony XE80 series.

If you want UHD Blu-Rays to look decent I would try and find a Sony XE9005 at a good price, anything less and you kind of forgo HDR looking good at all.

Bennyp281080

Hi thanks for get. Yes gun direct have it for £850 but with code it's £750. To be honest hdr isn't that important as it's really for my two girls. I have my oled for great hdr. Guess what I'm saying is most usage will be 4k and hd netflix and bluray

Dodgexander

Then I would step down to the mid range with models like the Sony XE85xx/Samsung MU7000/Hisense NU8700 as they have recently been reduced by quite a bit recently.

Normally I would suggest models lower than that, but since the prices on those models have been reduced so closely, they don't really represent as good value.

If you find a certain model cheaper at RGB direct or similar and want the piece of mind and aftersales support from a better retailer, you can purchase for a more bespoke retailer instead and ask them to price match. People often get John Lewis/Richer Sounds or similar to price match with them.

Bennyp281080

Thanks for the advice. Just purchased a sony ex85 for £620 from my local hughes. Paired that with a Samsung 8500 uhd for £149. Just need a Sound bar now

taxboy

Thanks for the advice. Just purchased a sony ex85 for £620 from my local hughes. Paired that with a Samsung 8500 uhd for £149. Just need a Sound bar now
Can you please confirm your model no. I'm interested in the 8596 but showing £879 for me

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom