Sony X70 vs X70G TV

YellowBanana

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am in a big dilemma and I need your advice guys. So, I have been looking online and I saw two TV's by Sony: X70, and X70G. They look perfect for me and match all my criteria. I am just wondering what exactly the difference between them is, and whether it is worth paying an additional 100 pounds for the 2020 model, compared to the 2019 model.

Hi,
Which did you go for? I'm considering the 2020 X70 (55") from Richer Sounds. Are you happy with yours?

That looks lovely but it's a lot more money sadly. £899 vs £599. Just too much for me.

I was also considering a QLED or an LG Nano but the RicherSounds guy said that they are less good if you prefer natural colours rather than eye popping saturation. I'm definitely a natural settings guy. The first thing I reach for is the cinema mode!

That looks lovely but it's a lot more money sadly. £899 vs £599. Just too much for me.

I was also considering a QLED or an LG Nano but the RicherSounds guy said that they are less good if you prefer natural colours rather than eye popping saturation. I'm definitely a natural settings guy. The first thing I reach for is the cinema mode!

Yes appreciate it's quite a lot more and definitely agree that Sony give the most natural image and motion. You should see some price drops in the next few weeks and months so if you can hold on the likes of the 55" XH9005 and XH9505 will drop and if you keep your televisions for a long time they will deliver an awesome cinema mode.

OK, now I've been sitting here trying to convince myself that it's wise to spend an additional 50% on the 9005!

OK, now I've been sitting here trying to convince myself that it's wise to spend an additional 50% on the 9005!

My philosophy is to get the best you can, unless you upgrade your television quite frequently then maybe not. The XH9005 will give you a much better viewing experience and if you hold on a month or two it will be less expensive, but then again so would you he XH95 which is even better than the XH9005.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom