Sony X4500 Series RGB LED Backlight,1.100.000 Contrast,BE2 PRO,,Motionflow 100Hz Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new flagship series just announced
http://www.sony-europe.com/pressrelease/id/1218032878807
They will come in 40",46",55".
the 40" version wont feature RGB LED backlight

They come in october.A MSRP price estimate below:
40X4500-£1399-£1499
46X4500-£3000-£3500
55X4500-£4500

SPECS
BRAVIA™ X4500 : Key Features
X4500
Screen size (inch) 40, 46, 55
1080p Full HD Yes
10-bit panel Yes
BRAVIA™ ENGINE BE 2 PRO
Live Colour Creation Yes
RGB Dynamic LED
Backlight Yes (46-inch, 55-inch)
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
50,000:1(40-inch)
1,100,000:1 (46-inch, 55-
inch)
Deep Colour Yes
Motionflow PRO 100Hz (46, 55-inch),
100Hz (40-inch)
24p True Cinema™ Yes
x.v.Colour Yes
Integrated MPEG-4 AVC
HD tuner² Yes
BRAVIA™ Sync Yes
DLNA (music/photo) Yes
Picture Frame Mode Yes
PhotoTV HD Yes
HDMI™ inputs x4
USB port Yes
Optical digital output Yes
S-Force audio Yes
XMB™
(Xross Media Bar™) Yes
Finger Speaker & Assist
Woofer Yes (40-inch, 46-inch)

FULL SPECS
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/t46-x-series/kdl-55x4500
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/t32-x-series/kdl-40x4500

Last edited:
One Question wont the 40W4500 and 40X4500 be the same?
The only difference will be desing , am i right?

between the 40" versions the 40X4500 will still be better as it will have
1)BE PRO 2 instead of BE2
2)Deep colour
3)better sound with subwoofer
4)an HDMI extra

1:100,000 contrast means nothing. As no one uses dynamic contrast. I want to know the on screen contrast.

Any idea what could be the benefits of Motionflow PRO 100Hz???

Hi CHRISGEO :)

Aprox price for the 55" X4500?

From the press release: "In addition, ‘backlight blinking’ successively switches off horizontal backlight portions of the frame with each frame."

....Interesting stuff. I guess this is an advanced version of the old Phillips scanning backlight technology. Should be very interesting to see if this further improves motion resolution on these TVs.

From the press release: "In addition, ‘backlight blinking’ successively switches off horizontal backlight portions of the frame with each frame."

....Interesting stuff. I guess this is an advanced version of the old Phillips scanning backlight technology. Should be very interesting to see if this further improves motion resolution on these TVs.

Wasn't this kind of thing noted as being very annoying on the current LED available the Samsung F96. I think the flickering was noticeable and annoyed many users, kind of like dynamic contrast does. I had hoped the implementation would be better on the Sonys.

1:100,000 contrast means nothing. As no one uses dynamic contrast. I want to know the on screen contrast.
yeah I agree with you.I am looking forward to HD TV TEST measures!I expect 5.000:1 calibrated contrast
Any idea what could be the benefits of Motionflow PRO 100Hz???
propably smoother motion
Hi CHRISGEO :)

Aprox price for the 55" X4500?

hmm I d say about 4-4,5k

It's a sad day when Samsung's television design is better than Sony's. These are absolutely hideous — the other ‘4000’ models this year have been bad enough as it is, but these are the worst so far. :eek:

If you're going to have speakers that stick out like that, make them detachable so I don't have to look at them. :thumbsdow

It's a sad day when Samsung's television design is better than Sony's. These are absolutely hideous — the other ‘4000’ models this year have been bad enough as it is, but these are the worst so far. :eek:

If you're going to have speakers that stick out like that, make them detachable so I don't have to look at them. :thumbsdow

Hi,

I totally agree - I hate the design - they would nave been so much better and sleeker with the speaker underneath the screen and it would also save valuable space.

Suave!

maybe these side mounted speakers have better performance though,dont forget it will have a subwoofer

I'd disagree, Sony could have put out a 5 foot wide CRT and it'd still look better than the current Samsung 6-series.

Personally speaking I think the sets look fantastic and much better than the Samsung set linked to.

Pontiac said:
Wasn't this kind of thing noted as being very annoying on the current LED available the Samsung F96. I think the flickering was noticeable and annoyed many users, kind of like dynamic contrast does. I had hoped the implementation would be better on the Sonys.
From the press release " In addition, ‘backlight blinking' successively switches off horizontal backlight portions of the frame with each frame. This significantly reduces picture blur without the fatiguing ‘flicker' effect of conventional black frame insertion systems."

Will be very interesting to see these in person and check out the performace to see how it stacks up, hopefully favourably, against my current 42" Kuro which I love but on which the screen buzz does cause annoyance from time to time. Plus 4 extra inches wouldn't hurt :D

Is it possible to remove those ugly side speakers? It would make the TV alot better looking.

I wonder will it still make that awfull video effect for movies :rolleyes:

maybe for movies yes but for football lcd's will come even closer to plasma's at this aspect

is this really the same as the XBR8?
that has 2million to 1 contrast (FWIW) and 120Hz, so I don't think this is the same beast....

120Hz is for US as NTSC is 60Hz and PAL 50Hz,so no downgrade.Who said the XBR8 has 2million contrast?It hasnt been announced the contrast yet for the XBR8 but it will propably be the same

sure I read it somewhere (the 2 million bit) but can't for the life of me find it right now, so appologies for the unsubstantiated spec!
The 120Hz bit would be "nice" if only to be a multiple of 24 for movies, so not having to switch out put rez.
But if it can sense when 24Hz is coming in and display 24Hz, and when 50Hz display 100Hz, then I won't mind the "lack" of 120Hz on the euro models...
Just having different settings per HDMI input won't help as I'll feed it to a single input from a Receiver.

Last edited:
Seems like that there is a change in the press release now.The zip file,has slightly different pics and also the pdf press release has changed the contrast of the 46",55" to "more than 1.000.000:1" instead of 1.100.000

Mmmmmmm..... looks very similar to the Samsung F86/F96 models with the side mounted speakers. The Samsungs are a bit sleeker however and also have the good sense not to put the speakers in bright red :(

xmb 1 or xmb 2 ?

Any idea?

Disappointing that no slim bezel for the W4500. Looks like i made a great choice buying the W4000 when it was released.

krlock3

if it is the equiviallant of the XBR8 you get interchangeable speaker covers, so it can be black, silver or red.
But ***?! Colour coding your living room to your speaker grills and 4-6 speakers plus sub woofer?? This is a high end screen that'll be taken up by folk upgrading, who probably have a decent centre speaker, surrounds and sub woofer and won't want all this nonsense. Doh!
There's no way a Sony TV's sub will be messing with the tones from my REL, wonder if you can get a discount for not taking them up on the speaker package...?
Still my Pio PDP 43 MXE1-S' days are numbered.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom