Sony X3000/X3500 Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at the instructions for determining the panel type that are included in the download on the first page?

Yes I looked but the higher numbers for the 46X are 43040... and mine is a 43100... so maybe the list is incomplete or not uptated ?
Thanks anyway.

if it was manufactured march 2008 did you say? should be T1 thought they stopped making T2?

Yes I looked but the higher numbers for the 46X are 43040... and mine is a 43100... so maybe the list is incomplete or not uptated ?
Thanks anyway.

It's not explained properly in the first post of this thread, and tbh, that section should be clearer....and have flashing lights so people see it!!;)

Anyways, T2 panels have serial numbers somewhere between those numbers listed on the first page.
If your serial number doesn't fall between those numbers, it's a T1!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just updated the firmware to 585 on my 46" X as instructed by the first post. What are the advantages of the new firmware anyone know?
I still seem to have a problem with the optical output that never seems to give Dolby 5.1 to my 5.1 sound system.

I still seem to have a problem with the optical output that never seems to give Dolby 5.1 to my 5.1 sound system.

That's because the TV isn't allowed to forward 5.1 sound :( Some stupid DRM restriction set by Dolby if I recall correctly.

That's because the TV isn't allowed to forward 5.1 sound :( Some stupid DRM restriction set by Dolby if I recall correctly.

Thanks Collo64. What is the point of an optical output if it can't forward digital audio info from the HDMI inputs? Certainly there is little or no chance of getting 5.1 from the internal DVB-T tuner... So this advanced output on the Sony is totally pointless:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've had my 46" X3500 for nearly a year and I've noticed that the small amount of clouding on the TV has gotten worse.

Is there any point contacting Sony to send out an engineer or will they just fob me off?

The TV also has a smearing problem during some games.

I'm seriously considering the X3500 now that prices have tumbled. However, the W4500 is also in the running. I'm going to try and see them both side-by-side soon, but I was hoping that someone might have had the opportunity to compare them?

I've read the respective threads so know the pro's and con's of each, so it would be good to hear comparisions from people who've actually owned or seen them both ;)

Thanks

I have compared both,I had posted my impressions on the W4500 thread.

Thanks Chris. The X3500 is far nicer in terms of appearance and build quality, so can you quantify how much of an improvement the blacks of the W4500 are over the X3500? I'll mostly be watching in low ambient light rather than a totally dark room.

the blacks are more than obviously deeper,the colours are even better.

Hi, getting KDL 46X3000. I have seen somewhere that a gunmetal bezel replacement would be available, any idea's? Much appreciated.

Afternoon all.
I'm thinking of changing my 46X3000 for one of the new Pioneer KRP's, and I'm just wondering what price I should be asking for my set.
Don't see any for sale on avforums, so don't know what the going rate is.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All

Well my Sony rear Projection set was written off(optical block went).under warranty with d&g,offered £1500 towards a new one.
Went into local sony centre,and they had a 46x300 for just under £1500,and i just loved the look of the tv,so i got it:thumbsup:
Well impressed with the tv,hd looks amazing and after tweaking the settings..sky looks better than i thought it would.
ian

congratulations on your swap

just a quick one ,I've noticed in the settings (3500x46) full pixel ,should this be left on or should it be set to normal ?

I've had a look in the manual but it's not very clear

cheers

Rob

12-month Report.

It's 12 months since I bought my 46x3000, so time for a quick report.

Er, nothing to report really - it's still fantastic!

End of report.

Band of Brothers Blu-Ray on this TV... MY GOD

If you knew anything about stitching, you'd be able to tell which kind of stitch was used on the uniforms...

Amazing re-mastering, loving it! :clap:

It should be engaged whenever possible to keep a 1:1 pixel map.

Even when im playing 720p games I engage it, but its called +1 for whatever reason. Far Cry 2 shows thin black bars when you do this so thats the only drawback, but only that game so far has done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom