Sony X3000/X3500 Series Thread *Part 2*

mca

Still have my 40x3500 :D

But never did get it checked for that recall issue :eek:

BlackSpider777

hi guys,
got this tv since 8 years & still going strong, anyone knows how to access the service menu for this tv? wan't to see how many hours i clocked on this set, thanks.

mca

Dug this out from one of the many things I downloaded for the TV way back in 2007...

1. Turn on the power to the TV set and enter into stand-by mode.

2. Press the following sequence of buttons on the Remote Commander:

upload_2016-9-3_9-30-20.png

3. TV set is switched on with service menu on the left side of the display.

HTH

tvdavid

I wonder how a newer Sony KDL42EX410BU would compare?
I now have both tvs the other being the 46 inch X3500.
from what I can see the X3500 might have better motion.
though the 42EX410BU would save so much space.
the KDL42EX410BU which I picked up for very good price last night was still in its box to.
it works fine.

tvdavid

OK I watched the Sony KDL42EX410 for a bit today its very good picture but think the X3500 still tops it.

Sastri

Novice Member
Greetings from South Africa,

Nothing like bumping up an old thread. Anybody still using the X3000/X3500?

I have a 46X3000 for a long time now and I love it but since yesterday, my screen started to flicker really badly. When i start up the TV, everything is fine but after a few minutes, it starts to flicker continuously. This happens on both HDMI and AV inputs. Changing sources doesn't help either.
I noticed that if i put up an image on the screen with little black on the image, the screen doesnt flicker. Once i started moving the mouse cursor, the TV starts to flicker. If i unplug all sources and navigate through the menu, there is no flicker at all.

I have tried removing all sources and unplugging all electronics at that electricity outlet but no joy. I have also tried running connecting to a different electricity outlet in my home but still no luck. I have never updated the firmware on this TV and im not sure if doing so will fix this issue.

Does anyone know of this issue and have any suggestions on how to fix it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sastri

Novice Member
So i just bought myself a 65" UHD Samsung. I must say, its almost 10 years later but nothing in the market really appeals to me the way my Bravia X Series does. I will probably take it apart and see if i can resurrect it. I spoke to an online technician and he recommended that i change the FB2 board or whatever that is. Does anyone know much about the inner workings of these TV's?

Dubliner1

So i just bought myself a 65" UHD Samsung. I must say, its almost 10 years later but nothing in the market really appeals to me the way my Bravia X Series does. I will probably take it apart and see if i can resurrect it. I spoke to an online technician and he recommended that i change the FB2 board or whatever that is. Does anyone know much about the inner workings of these TV's?

You may find more help over on the US AVSForums website if you can find the appropriate thread for the same tv as your Sony (Sony oftern changes the model names for different countries)
AVSForum.com - Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Sastri

Novice Member
You may find more help over on the US AVSForums website if you can find the appropriate thread for the same tv as your Sony (Sony oftern changes the model names for different countries)
AVSForum.com - Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Thanks so much, i will check it out

Thanks for the tip on model numbers. Trying to find info online had been the most frustrating thing for me when i initially bought this TV. The local model number for this TV is KLV-46X300A

Last edited:

stupfel

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

I got the Sony KDL-40X3000 from my Parents.
There is still an old Firmware running, so i have this terrible fan noise all the time.

I'm looking for the firmware, but all Links seems to be down.
Does anyone still have the Firmwares an can upload it? That would be great.

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom