Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony X-Black LCD panels look awesome!

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by mark88, Nov 2, 2004.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Just been for a long wonder down TCR, it seems to me that out of all the LCD panels, whether they be TV, monitors or laptops, the Sony X-Black Vaios just look SO MUCH better than everything else. For contrast, brightness, sharpness, blacks, everything. If there's a wall full of LCDs the X-Black screens just gtrab your attention

When you look at other panels from any slight angle, the mist up and go 'grey'. The Sony screens don't seem to do that as much. Even compared to the apple display the Sony screens dominate IMO.

If only they made a 23" incher. :/

2. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 17" 1920 x 1200 X-Black LCD on my lappy and it is *SUPERB*...

Phil

3. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +152
    I have K215B with 15" x-black LCD. . . . what can I say but AWESOME! :clap: :devil:

We use the laptop as a portable DVD player when we go away. The colour, contrast and brightness on these screens is just great. These would make great TVs, are you listening Sony? :lease:

Ian.

4. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...only downside I've found to mine is that they show up marks / dust / fingerprints to a quite ridiculous degree. *EVERY* screen cleaner I've tried so far leaves streaks on it but the best thing I've found so far is a just damp sponge to take off the fingermarks and dust and then - whilst the screen still has dampness on it - give it a buff off with a couple of those horrible paper hand towels that are absolutely useless for drying your hands on but seem quite superb for drying off an LCD screen without leaving any sort of streaking.

Phil