Sony with no audio out to sony av with rca in help please

Tengai

Standard Member
Hi have a Sony KV-A2542U TV with dolby pro logic surround set up (not digital) and would like to connect to my Sony STR-DE585 rca .Connections as follows TV- five two pin speaker out L R Centre and Surround L & R(i assume they are amplified)and two scart connectors .AV amp-six phono in for TV - Front L & R Surround L & R Centre and Sub
The only option i can see is to use the scart from the tv any help would be appreciated. Other items in set up are Sony VHS/DVD recorder and Sony DVD/HDD recorder
Any help or advice would be appreciated as to set up connections

bxd

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

You may find that the tv has a stereo output on one of it's scart sockets so you might be able to access that with a suitable scart to phono lead.

Alternately, don't bother with the tv audio_ connect your vhs and dvd/HDD units to the av amp and just listen to them via the amp. Turn down the audio on the tv when you view one of these sources.

Brian

Tengai

Standard Member
Thanks for replying
The digital tuner is in the dvd hdd recorder any way so i could just mute the tv as everythings viewed through that
Had alook at the scart to phono adapters and they seem to only have three phono out so not enough for surround anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom