Sony Widescreen TV - help!

T

Tommy 2000

Hi guys, need some advice. A guy i know is selling his Sony Trinatron Widescreen TV, I believe the model no is KV-W 282.

He bought it in Hong Kong a couple of years ago and says it is Jap spec, top of the range back then. It has S Video rather than SCART sockets, 100mhz, loads of features - split screen, etc.

Is this worth buying? and what would be a fair price?

Thanks,
T

NO SCARTS???

I wouldn't buy it when there are so many offers around in the UK at the moment:cool:

Originally posted by chegz60
NO SCARTS??I wouldn't buy it....
No SCARTS is a Good Thing. SCARTS are the Work Of The Devil.

So how is RGB piped in?

No I've got the documentation, this beast is PAL, PAL 60, SECAM, NTSC4.43 and NTSC3.58 compatible! It can receive channels from Asia, Australia + NZ, UK, Hong Kong, South Africa, China, USA and Japan.

Sounds pretty cool! But as many others have said, with so many UK bargains at the mo, unless yoiu need multi-system then it's best to buy one here.

Sounds worth very little for UK use

what about the fact that it will show 2 channels at once - picture in picture or half and half - and you can switch between sounds. It can also show 9 channels at once as an index. do any UK models do that??

Tommy,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think I speak for many well meaning posters when I say:

If you want to buy the set, feel free. We have told you our opinions/advice. If you want the set anyway, go for it!

rct.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom