Sony Widescreen Camcorders: True Widescreen?

MarkE19 said:
The HC-42e has a 25.0mm filter thread, therefore you can attach any add on lens that has that filter thread. Sony have a load of accessories including wide angle lenses listed for this camcorder Here.

Mark.
Thanyou Mark.

A few queries:
1. can the viewfinder be set to black and white? I noticed while handling the camera that the viewfinder was colour.
2. As this camera does not allow manual changes of aperature and shutter speed what are users missing? What are the advantages of these features in a practical sense?

As I don't own an HC-42e I can't say for sure, so your best bet is to RTFM :D , but my best guess is as follows:

1. I very much doubt you can set the VF to B&W. On my TRV-900e it is a colour VF and I've never found (or tried) a way to set it to B&W.

2. Manual aperature and shutter speed adjustments allow you more control over the way the picture looks, especially in low light conditions. A slow shutter speed on fast moving images (ie sport) will make the movements jerky. Aperature adjustments allow you to control the depth of field (how much of the picture, foreground to background, is in focus).

Mark.

MarkE19 said:
As I don't own an HC-42e I can't say for sure, so your best bet is to RTFM :D , but my best guess is as follows:

1. I very much doubt you can set the VF to B&W. On my TRV-900e it is a colour VF and I've never found (or tried) a way to set it to B&W.

2. Manual aperature and shutter speed adjustments allow you more control over the way the picture looks, especially in low light conditions. A slow shutter speed on fast moving images (ie sport) will make the movements jerky. Aperature adjustments allow you to control the depth of field (how much of the picture, foreground to background, is in focus).

Mark.
Thanks Mark.

Laser, a thought occured to me about the 9 small boxes i saw in the top right of the video - What tapes were you using to capture that footage? Are they Sony tapes, are they the sony tapes with the memory chips? Curious phenominon.

The tapes used are the Panasonic DVM60's (£1.39 each).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom