Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones introduced - news discussion

I tried these in John Lewis the other day and loved them , seen them on this site are they fakes as they seem too cheap ?

They come with a health warning

Anyone used these before?

I looked at all the discounted sellers when I bought mine and decided that the extra £40! buying from Amazon was worth it, for the peace of mind in case I had to return them for any reason. (Other UK vendors are available)

I got mine in the black Friday sale from richer sounds for £216. Very happy with them over all, only thing for me is in NC mode the left cup produces a soft crackling noise when theres no music, sort of like crunching snow, is the best way I can describe it.

I only use them in the house for music or my games so it's not a huge issue.

I tried these in John Lewis the other day and loved them , seen them on this site are they fakes as they seem too cheap ?

Dont think they're fake but I think eglobal stuff comes from China and you may get hit with import tax. Also you wouldn't be able to use Sony's warranty buying from a different region.

Dont think they're fake but I think eglobal stuff comes from China and you may get hit with import tax. Also you wouldn't be able to use Sony's warranty buying from a different region.
Dont go there,.

I bought mine for £269 from Curry's. They priced matched with Hashtechguy site down to £202!

They arrived today, looking forward to trying them out!

I just paid £245 for mine on Amazon. Oops. Oh well, 5 monthly interest free instalments makes it easier to swallow. I asked the question on my own thread but can’t hurt to ask on here. Can headphone stands lead to them deforming at all if they’re just hanging more often than not?

I just paid £245 for mine on Amazon. Oops. Oh well, 5 monthly interest free instalments makes it easier to swallow. I asked the question on my own thread but can’t hurt to ask on here. Can headphone stands lead to them deforming at all if they’re just hanging more often than not?
Depends how the headband and pads sit on the headphone stand. Just buy a stand that does not stretch the headband nor compresses the pads

Depends how the headband and pads sit on the headphone stand. Just buy a stand that does not stretch the headband nor compresses the pads
I got the stand I linked to and it rests nicely.

I did actually purchase another pair after these. Some by Taotronics for £90 to see if they would be suitable and save me some money.

I know you can buy far more expensive and much better quality than the XM3, but they really are so much better than the more budget headphones. They sound better, are so much more comfortable and fit better on my head. So worth paying more and will no doubt last me a few years.

These sound fantastic to me , as an owner of Senns HD650s , I love these as well sound great paired to TV watching blu rays.
What is the running in time for BT phones , is it similar to wired ones?

I doubt there is any running in time with headphones.
Some may disagree but I suspect it's just that your brain adjusts to them.

Not fake but they are from Hong Kong. I ordered a few high valued items from there before no problems, but according to the reviews things can go south.

I got my pair from Currys on eBay, advertised as damaged box for £165. They were basically a new pair with some marks on the box.

I have a pair of the M3 s and they are very fine. How ever I picked up a set of the Sony MDR1A BT.. thats Bluetooth , but not noise cancelling , and seriously they are better. Clearer , louder and sufficiently noise isolating for in car and home use.

I used the XM3 for a 4 day trip a couple of weeks ago and was nothing but impressed by them. I took a coach down to London and was pretty shocked just how good the noise cancellation was. The amount of noise they blocked from the loud engine was incredible.

Used them on a long coach trip, waiting around for hours at the airport, on the plane, walking around at my destination and then on the trip back home. Didn't charge them once and still on 50% battery.

Found them very comfortable and my only slight negative (and it's only very minor) is when I forgot to turn off Bluetooth on my iPad and wanted to use them with my phone. I had to get my iPad out again to switch it off to get them to sync with my phone. I'm sure the next iteration will allow multiple devices.

I could have paid less than I did if timing as better, but still worth every bit of the £245 I paid for them. And paying over 5 months with Amazon was a bonus. Definitely improved the less exciting parts of trips away, just wish I'd have got some sooner than I did!

Just bought a pair of these headphones from John Lewis and all I can say is wow. They sound absolutely superb to my ears and are really comfy to wear. Have enabled LDAC on my Android phone to get the most out of them 🙂

Seen them on Amazon for £120 recently so significant savings for anyone not wanting to pay the original rrp.

The MX4s however seem interesting: "godlike" ANC and top tier quality sound (although the B&O EQ and slightly older B&W PI7 are said by some to be the best for SQ).

I'll hold out till black Friday sales to see if any of them can entice me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom