• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony Walkman NWZ-X1050 video support

crispychicken

Standard Member
Hi,

I recently bought a Sony Walkman NWZ-X1050 media player and I am really happy with it except for the video playback.

It know it doesnt support some formats but its states that it supports "Open format support for all major file types includes MP3 / MP4 / WMA / AAC / Linear PCM / AVC / WMV / JPEG"

I have tried converting files into this format but I stil cannot get any playback... can anyone help?

Thanks,

CC

slavikpro

Standard Member
Yes, I had same problem. I've made some investigation on .wmv files myself and found out that it only plays back .wmv files with Video Codec: Windows Media Video 9. AND! with the resolution not bigger than 320 by some value which is smaller than 320 pixels. So what I do now is the following, I use WinAVI 9.0 to create .wmv files of WMV9 codec format with the max suitable resolution for the player, 320x180, I've already uploaded a couple of movies on it and it looks just great.
GL!

crispychicken

Standard Member
Hey slavikpro,

Thank you very much for you help... I managed to get it working and downloaded the free sample, is this what you use?

I have seen that you get a branding/watermark in the middle of the screen unless you buy the full version... I looked into buying the full version but you have to buy the electronic software and then a hardcopy CD!!

What did you do - do you just use the free trail?

Thanks.

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom