sony w800i major problem

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by machinehead, Mar 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. machinehead

machinehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i went to put a phone lock on my phone now the phone has locked up completley.its only 32 days old.taking back to t mobile shop today.not happy.has this happened to anybody.tried connecting it to my pc to retreive all the info on my phone and it won't let me.so now i've lost all the numbers and info.this sucks big time.going for a nokia.

2. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    When you say locked up completely, do you mean the phone actually crashed, or does it simply not let you enter the code?

Certainly in the case of the latter, all will not be lost forever and I'm sure T-Mobile will be able to unlock it for you free of charge (or phone them and ask for the code... I think it might be the PUK code you need but I'm not 100% on that).

For future it's worth copying all contacts to the sim card and setting the phone to use the memory card to store pics / tones / themes etc... then if you ever have a similar problem at least you still have all your shizz stored on the sim and mem stick. To be honest, it's crazy not to back you numbers up on the sim.