Sony W705/W706 - Calibration Settings

Juancafr

Novice Member
Reaction score
I need a good setup for when I play Xbox One, PS3, Wii U and to watch movies, series and TDT to be possible but what interests me more is for consoles can you help me? thank you

for TV/Movies i used this guys settings with a few changes of mine Sony 2014 W7 / W8 (1080p Edge LED TV) Owner's Thread | Page 31 | AVForums

my one(bold ones are my changes, nothing huge):

Turn the light sensor off first(VERY IMPORTANT):
Scene select cinema
Picture mode cinema 1 or 2
Backlight 8
Contrast Max
Brightness 51
Colour 50
Hue 0
Colour temp neutral
Sharpness 50
Nr off
MPEG nr off
Dot nr off
Reality creation manual resolution 15 noise filtering 6
Smooth graduation low
Film mode auto

Advanced settings
Black corrector off
Adv contrast enhancer low
Gamma -1
Auto light limiter off
Clear white off
Live colour medium
White balance r gain 0 g gain -2 b gain 0 r bias 0 g bias 0 b bias 0
Detail enhancer Low
Edge enhancer off
Skin naturaliser off

i will post my gaming settings below this

Last edited:
Ok for gaming(X1), this may not be to everyones taste, i like a colourful bright picture but try to avoid black or white crush. first make sure your black level settings are right. put the X1 Color Space to "TV" then change your TVs accordingly, by default its on Auto but i dont trust it lol so i put mine to Limited, to access: (Home -> Scroll to settings above -> Display -> Video Input Settings -> Dynamic Range -> change to Limited for the specific HDMI port)

Turn the light sensor off first(VERY IMPORTANT):
Scene select Game (important for the input lag but also, more importantly, for the full 4:4:4 reproduction)
Picture mode Game-Original
Backlight 9
Contrast Max
Brightness 49
Colour 60
Hue 0
Colour temp Neutral
Sharpness 50 (Alternate: 40 with Detail enhancer on Low)
Nr off
MPEG nr off
Dot nr off
Reality creation OFF (this is important, messes up the text otherwise)
Smooth graduation OFF
Film mode auto

Advanced settings
Black corrector off
Adv contrast enhancer off
Gamma 0
Auto light limiter off
Clear white off
Live colour High
White balance r gain 0 g gain 0 b gain 0 r bias 0 g bias 0 b bias 0
Detail enhancer off
Edge enhancer off
Skin naturaliser off

i also have a bit more muted and darker version of this on Game - Standard but i havent used it enough to gather whether its good. main change is Gamma set to -2 and color set to 50-55

Hi guys,

Recently bought a 42w705b as well and I've been trying to mess with the settings for gaming but it isn't 100% according to me.I'll try this settings tomorrow and then I'll say something ;) Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Thanks for the settings,used for Gaming and only changed backlight to 8 and gamma to -1 and they are perfect ;)

yep put mine to gamma -1 too recently. glad you liked it

yep put mine to gamma -1 too recently. glad you liked it

Yeah man thanks ;) I still got to see better IF the Live Colour adds input lag or not,didn't have too much time to see that.And gotta see the Cinema Settings as well.

Edit: Just tried and I use Live Colour on low,no lag ;)

Last edited:
Yeah man thanks ;) I still got to see better IF the Live Colour adds input lag or not,didn't have too much time to see that.And gotta see the Cinema Settings as well.

Edit: Just tried and I use Live Colour on low,no lag ;)

i wonder if it adds lag if you have it set high rather then low. i would guess not but i am gonna test it on FIFA 14 i think

one change i also made is made the tint 3 towards green. there was abit too much red on skin tones, not sure how it is on yours though

Thank you very much Do you have a PS3?

not anymore, but i would think the settings would be similar. just have to make sure your colour space is set right

i wonder if it adds lag if you have it set high rather then low. i would guess not but i am gonna test it on FIFA 14 i think

one change i also made is made the tint 3 towards green. there was abit too much red on skin tones, not sure how it is on yours though

Allright so when u test then say something if u can ;)

I have R Gain -1 and B Gain -2.All the rest is 0.How is yours?

I'm about to buy the 50w705... can anybody confirm Dibils' settings are still valid???

FIFA 15 looks amazing for me using the above settings, as does Destiny and any other game.. miles better then the LG TV i had

aslong as you have your color space and TV Dynamic range to what i said above.. everything else is personal preference tbh. there is no 'one fits all' calibration setting. for example i keep going back and forth with brightness, backlight and gamma since i might prefer a different look for a certain game. right now i use this:

Backlight Max
Contrast Max
Brightness 50
Colour 60
Hue G1
Colour temp Neutral
Sharpness 50
Nr off
MPEG nr off
Dot nr off
Reality creation OFF (this is important, messes up the text otherwise)
Smooth graduation OFF
Film mode auto

Advanced settings
Black corrector off
Adv contrast enhancer off
Gamma 0
Auto light limiter off
Clear white off
Live colour High
White balance r gain 0 g gain 0 b gain 0 r bias 0 g bias 0 b bias 0
Detail enhancer off
Edge enhancer off
Skin naturaliser off

Do you guys have any settings for watching football on the tv!?!? When i presso the football mode button everything is too bright and saturated...it's not good? I would prefer tweaking myself the sport mode...any ideas?

Dibils

Really have put this setup? Color is too
???

i am guessing you wanna say something is wrong with color.. again change it to your preference! main settings is contrast and brightness, the rest is however you like it

???

i am guessing you wanna say something is wrong with color.. again change it to your preference! main settings is contrast and brightness, the rest is however you like it

Color 60 and High is very exaggerated is what I think

Color 60 and High is very exaggerated is what I think
so change it...

i like my games to look colorful(without too much color bleed), rather then realistic like in movies/tv.

Last edited:
so change it...
diblis, I'm using ur settings for tv/movies...u didn't tell us about the motionflow, the guy from where u took the settings has written: motionflow: true cinema

diblis, I'm using ur settings for tv/movies...u didn't tell us about the motionflow, the guy from where u took the settings has written: motionflow: true cinema
yeah his one is the 50" version which has motionflow, the 42" one doesnt.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom