• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony W4000 - 24fps over component?

daveb975

Distinguished Member
I am looking to buy a new TV, and the new Sony W4000 ranges seems to be the only one to offer 24fps over component.

I want to wall mount the TV, and I have a component cable buried in the wall, but no HDMI, so I would like to route sound via HDMI and video via component.

Will this be possible (using a Denon 2808 amp), and are there any other models available that will do this?

Any advice appreciated.

Owen824

Prominent Member
i do not think this is possible as the component and hdmi are different av channels. so you would need to be able to have both channels on at the same time to send both video and audio to your amp. what are you trying to connect to the amp? There must be an easier way.

daveb975

Distinguished Member
i do not think this is possible as the component and hdmi are different av channels. so you would need to be able to have both channels on at the same time to send both video and audio to your amp. what are you trying to connect to the amp? There must be an easier way.

I am trying to connect a PS3 to the amp using the HDMI and AV multi outputs.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
You cant pass 24p via component only HDMI does this

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom