Sony W3000 Screen + HDMI 2600 PRO - Doesn't use 'full screen'

djr55

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I've tried to get this setup - I am trying to use a Vista Media Centre and have it use the entire TV.

It's running in Full Pixel (1:1) Mode - and the Graphics card is running at 1920x1080

It doesn't fill the entire screen though - around an inch gap around the side...

I am running Windows Vista/latest Catalyst drivers... help?

Wicked, thats works - now just need to make the fonts clearer - some of them have slight colours on the side - is this a cleartype config thing?

I tried as Decapitado suggeted and I can use the "Full Pixel" setting without a black edge.

I'm using the KDL-40W3000 with my HD2900XT over HDMI - HDMI (DVI converter).

I was worried that it was unsupported, but I realized the table showed in the user-manual was in fact for using VGA. Since it supports 1080/24p over HDMI i'm hoping it's ok :D

I created a thread asking about it here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6305646#post6305646

You all probably tried this before your 24hz work-around, but within the ccc menu's (DTV (HDMI)) there is a Scaling option slider.

The slider was not present on my MSI drivers, but it is on the ati ones, 7.7>8.1. On my Toshiba 42X3030D I need to set it to 0 on the far right (overscan), to remove the black border (Passive HD 2600XT).

My Nvidia 6800gt, and IGP (Ati Xpress300) work fine out of the box.

Actually I didnt' try that!

But if you're running HDMI should you still use 60 Hz or use 24 Hz since you can, if you're using it for primarily video?

Actually I didnt' try that!

But if you're running HDMI should you still use 60 Hz or use 24 Hz since you can, if you're using it for primarily video?

Depends on the video source, and the processing on your TV.

On the Toshiba it can accept 24fps, but 3:2 telecines it to 60hz, giving judder...........pointless!

I watch 24fps material at 50hz sped up using "reclock" ultility (HD-DVD's still not working properly for me with reclock).

I watch PAL DVD's and freeview at 50hz, and NTSC DVD's at 60hz.

On ATI catalyst control center there is overscan slider which isn't set to 0% @ default, slide it to zero and you get 1:1 pixel mapping with all refreshrates.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom