Sony W2000 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason g

Distinguished Member
i enquried about the sony x and w series 40 inch lcd tvs at comet and they said they dont know when they will be in, even a rep didnt know, apparently comet and currys have a dispute with sony at the moment, not sure why but seems to be holding up delivery, dont know what the dispute is about but weeks ago i did notice no sonys in currys, though i dont understand why it should bother comet as they r both rival retailers, i was told to just keep checking the internet but no news yet about delivery times, or how much they will cost.
:mad:

E

Elric12

Just got lateset copy of What Hi Fi Sound and vision and they have a test of a Sony KDL-40W2000 it gets 5 out of 5 superb results and they say and I quote "We have, for the first time ever, had the experience of putting an LCD TV up against a 5 star price equivalent plasma, and found the contrast and black tones on the LCD set to be superior."

kourosh

Distinguished Member
i enquried about the sony x and w series 40 inch lcd tvs at comet and they said they dont know when they will be in, even a rep didnt know, apparently comet and currys have a dispute with sony at the moment, not sure why but seems to be holding up delivery, dont know what the dispute is about but weeks ago i did notice no sonys in currys, though i dont understand why it should bother comet as they r both rival retailers, i was told to just keep checking the internet but no news yet about delivery times, or how much they will cost.
:mad:

the reason curry's are not selling sony is because they wanted the same terms as they where getting instore for there internet store and sony told them no way,so curry's have told them they will not be buying anymore stock from sony..............and sony told them fine:D

the W series should be out sometime in oct the 40" will be £1999.99:smashin:

Michael Tonge

johnnyguitar

Standard Member
just read the review and it pretty much settles the decision for me - W series as near to xmas as possible to get a good price.

Except - what about the new Sharp XD displays - also 1080p ??
They do a 37inch which interests me as I'm worried about a 40inch being too big

cmacdonald

Standard Member
Here was me thinking I would be clever. Buy a Denon AVR-2807 with HDMI switching so that the single HDMI connector on the V series would not be a problem. Hope that the rumoured V2500 would be released soon so that the existing V's would be discounted. :eek: Shock horror, new W Series is announced with 1080p capabilities. No worries, won't have access to 1080p source for ages. :eek: :eek: Double shock horror. Microsoft announce 1080p support for HD-DVD drive for XBOX 360. Must not spend £2000 on 40W2000..repeat Must not spend £2000 on 40W2000. :D

Callum

jason g

Distinguished Member
Here was me thinking I would be clever. Buy a Denon AVR-2807 with HDMI switching so that the single HDMI connector on the V series would not be a problem. Hope that the rumoured V2500 would be released soon so that the existing V's would be discounted. :eek: Shock horror, new W Series is announced with 1080p capabilities. No worries, won't have access to 1080p source for ages. :eek: :eek: Double shock horror. Microsoft announce 1080p support for HD-DVD drive for XBOX 360. Must not spend £2000 on 40W2000..repeat Must not spend £2000 on 40W2000. :D

Callum

why not 2000 on the w series?
:confused:

Yannis

im between the x anw series but now ive just heard theres a u series coming out.:(

U is a budget series which is placed below S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sennheiser Consumer Electronics acquired by Sonova
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Freeview Play viewers get Android TV homescreen update
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published