• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony W2000 Series *Part 2*

Curly99

Distinguished Member
This thread is a continuation of this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/432171-sony-w2000-series.html

Thanks go to jason g for starting the original thread.

For reference:

1st post
i enquried about the sony x and w series 40 inch lcd tvs at comet and they said they dont know when they will be in, even a rep didnt know, apparently comet and currys have a dispute with sony at the moment, not sure why but seems to be holding up delivery, dont know what the dispute is about but weeks ago i did notice no sonys in currys, though i dont understand why it should bother comet as they r both rival retailers, i was told to just keep checking the internet but no news yet about delivery times, or how much they will cost.
:mad:

Last post
My Sky HD HDMI is now bust and I have hooked up the Sky HD box via component. I have done a quick search online and most say that the PQ should be just as good but I don't think it is. I have tweaked the picture settings a lot but still can't get it to be as sharp or as colourful as I remember the PQ of the HDMI was.
Any tips?

Thanks

wiak

Established Member
what settings do you guys use?
atm i use

Backlight: 2
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 42
Color: 55
Color Temperature: Neutral
Gamma: Medium

i find these settings to be nice, playing 720p, 1080ip stuff from a AMD 780G based Media Center with Media Player Classic Home Cinema :hiya:

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
My KDL40W2000 has developed a fault.

Turned it on for the first time in 4 days and the bottom half of the screen has a fault.

There is a black line across the width of the screen below which the image is darkened by what appears to be a black filter type appearance. The extend of the darkened image varies from Right to Left - with the RHS almost totally dark and the LHS almost normal.

Anyone had similar faults? Was it easy to fix?

jawilson59

Established Member
Anyone wall mount their 40w2000? Found a srange thing today when wall mounting for the first. The top left screw socket as u look at the back wouldnt let a long screw go in, it was blocked / plugged. Used a torch to see down it. Can anyone confirm similar with their set?

bob mushroom

Established Member
Yep mine is exactly the same - just shorten the screw you use.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom