1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VX2100 Problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Shmublercaun, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Shmublercaun

Shmublercaun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my VX2100 and I use Adobe Premeire Pro to edit. I went to capture footage from my camera using Premeire and while in the capture preview screen all I see is black. But if I press the play button or any other of the buttons (except record) it goes through to my camcorder. Has anybody ever had this problem before? I'm guessing its a problem with the comptuer.

Dan.

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does your capture window say 'device online'?
    if not then go into device manager in your control panel (windows I mean) and check that the firewire card is functioning properly. get windows to reinstall the iee1394 device driver
    Are you running any other firewire devices at the same time? if so, and if possible switch them off.

3. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    other things to try: make sure cam is switched on before launching premiere (and that pc sees the camcorder, go into 'my computer' should see sony camcorder