1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VX2000

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Tunes Man, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there own a Sony VX2000 DV camcorder? If so, has it worked out good for you and do you like the features, or is it missing some features that you wish it had?
    I've owned one since last Fall and am pretty pleased with it. I've heard a lot of people say they prefer the Panasonic DVX100, which is also a 3 chip camcorder that's pretty new on the market.
    The DVX100 has a feature which allows you to tape in 24 frames
    per second mode, or "film like mode", which is a pretty impressive feature that the Sony doesn't have.
    Give me some feedback. Tunes Man.

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello mate,

I've had the VX2000 since it came out, 3 years or so now. Maybe wish I'd got the PD150, but it wasn't around when I needed it.

The film look (progressive scan), doesn't bother me, although it's stupid that it works at 15fps, not 25fps.

I've had no problems with the audio hiss, but put a lapel mic directly into the camera, and leave the augio gain on auto.

I've started filming continuously with it now all over europe, making a 3 hour corporate video each month. I got the biggest battery, and the best Sony wide angle adaptor. The clients are always very happy with the results.

Getting a DSR11 soon to digitise with.