Sony VW1000ES cheap at the moment

D

Deleted member 63670

Noticed Amazon have this listed at £3690 at the moment, very very cheap indeed, they are currently showing oos but it does let you order and will give you a date for delivery apparently.

Bargain!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It's not very good according to some of those Amazon reviewers..based on that I personally wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!

It's not very good according to some of those Amazon reviewers..based on that I personally wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!
I ordered one, just for fun ! :D Bet it gets cancelled or runs on forever with no delivery date !

If it doesn't................. :eek:....I better start checking the 2.0 upgrade !

i am not sure those were serious reviews (joking) but were better than some of the stuff on what hi fi.

on a more serious note is it even vaguely possible that this Sony PJ is available at that price?

Sammy

if the reviews have led you to have doubts about your PJ - I might be able to raise the funds to pay you nearly the "new amazon price" if you want to sell yours and buy something better?

i am not sure those were serious reviews (joking) but were better than some of the stuff on what hi fi.

on a more serious note is it even vaguely possible that this Sony PJ is available at that price?

The Vw1000es is discontinued now and is replaced with the Vw1100Es. It's virtually the same projector but with the lower tier Hdmi 2.0 connection and with the reality creation algorithm changed slightly. I can't see surplus stock being sold off cheaply because the 1000 can be upgraded to the 1100. The all glass lens is around double that retail price on its own. Worth ordering in case you some how manage to get the bargain of the century!

Sammy

if the reviews have led you to have doubts about your PJ - I might be able to raise the funds to pay you nearly the "new amazon price" if you want to sell yours and buy something better?

I think I'll stick with mine for now, but thank you for the kind offer!

I have had a word with a friend of mine who works for Amazon UK told me that it is a mistake which they going to sort out soon

I doubted you would be overly tempted but nothing ventured.....

i know the 1100ES is out but I suspect the 1000ES is still an acceptable watch . i had read the upgrade info as well.

I suppose there is nothing to lose by ordering one - in the remarkably unlikely event it ever got delivered i dont think i would struggle too much to sell the HW55ES i bought a couple of months ago given how amazing it is at the price point.

Allan at IdealAV offered to demo the 500ES whilst i was there but i declined his kind offer as I did not trust myself not to spend £8800 rather than £2800 if i ever saw it.

is it fully upgradeable to HDMI 2.0?
Is this software or hardware upgrade?

worth a punt if nothing else :)

I very much don't think I'll end up with one of these on my ceiling, and its obviously a mistake, and Amazon reserve the right to cancel down any orders, so I fully expect that to happen - but its worth a gamble ! I'm looking at an X500 and VW500 at the mo, so nothing ventured, nothing gained.......

This naturally won't be a free service, and the €2,500 (£2,130 before VAT here in the UK) figure Expert Reviews was quoted today is a significant investment, especially considering that the VW1000ES cost £17,000 when it launched, but it's still significantly cheaper than buying a whole new projector just for native 4K content support.

Quite expensive to upgrade.
It would be like pushing the boat out to buy a Rolls Royce but cannot then afford to run!

Both great projectors...if it's a more long term purchase then i'd go HW500...if you think you'd replace it in 12-18 months then X500 is a bargain.
Well, the dealer I'm talking to was calibrated by you, and he's trying to do a Luma with the 500 :eek:

Just a bit worried the Sony HW500 price may plummet soonish anyway, so thought the X500 might be a good stopgap - but in a light coloured room, on an about to arrive 130" scope screen, I'm a bit worried the X500 might be a bit dim?

Last edited:
I have had a word with a friend of mine who works for Amazon UK told me that it is a mistake which they going to sort out soon

i also have a friend that says otherwise.. amazon chat service

Alright mate? Yeah I got a VW500es a few months ago. It's niiiice!
:)

Nice :)
Lucky fella.
I'm just waiting to replace my whole system with 4k upgrades.
I'm convinced they will all drop in price relatively quickly hence why I may be prepared to wait longer than I normally do.
But I've put an order for the Amazon option and see if I get lucky

Nice :)
Lucky fella.
I'm just waiting to replace my whole system with 4k upgrades.
I'm convinced they will all drop in price relatively quickly hence why I may be prepared to wait longer than I normally do.
But I've put an order for the Amazon option and see if I get lucky
I hope that works out for you. It does seem an unbelievable price though. I'm still waiting for genuine 4K material to come available. I saw some at a Sony demo last year and was blown away.

I hope that works out for you. It does seem an unbelievable price though. I'm still waiting for genuine 4K material to come available. I saw some at a Sony demo last year and was blown away.

I don't think it will but won't matter as it's an opportunistic punt in the dark :)
And I would prefer the 4k TV first.
Split between the new 65" Sony or Samsung.
4k material is a different matter and realistically there isn' enough to warrant 4k upgrades. But since when did any of us use common sense to dictate our needs?

Price appears to have gone up a bit..
web chat lady confirmed it isn't a mis-price although I don' think you can rely on that.

Sony VPL-VW1000ES 16:9 4K Projector
by Sony
Price:£3,872.54
check-prime-45x13._V140025939_.gif

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That price rise is shocking, bordering on scandalous! Almost £200 of an increase, what on earth are they thinking!?!

I think its only a matter of time before it changes from out of stock to unavailable. Amazon don't even sell Sony Projectors so how this ended up on their list is a bit odd.

Anyway, I'm off to buy the Sim2 Super Lumis - only £1.99 at Asda, buy one get one free. Think I'll use the free one to set up a double stack system for hours of eyeball melting fun :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom