1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VW10 V`s Panny AE 100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rossobonks, Jan 10, 2003.

1. rossobonks

rossobonks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help...... I have a second hand Sony VW10 setup here which I am fairly happy with. Its just that you guys all ways seem to rating the Panny AE 100. Acording to Panasonic UK the AE 200 is due for release in early March but I am now tempted in buying an AE 100 has the trade price has been reduced to clear them.

In terms of picture quality has any one compared the Sony and the Panny together or should I just stick with the Sony machine.

The top and bottom of it.. is the AE 100 a better projector than the VW10????

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Dave

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Stick with the Sony. The newer Panny is great for the price but it cant compare to the older VW10 which was £6000 new.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,023
    No contest. Stick with the Sony. If you haven't already, improve the black levels by fixing a CC30R filter to the lens and tweaking the colour balance in the service menu. This has been covered before, and you will find more details at www.thebigpicturedvd.com