1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony VTXD800U and smartlink

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by matty2767, Jun 6, 2004.

1. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys

i am having trouble using the smartlink function to connect my freeview box and sony vcr (slv-se810g). before i got the freeview the smartlink would work between my tv and vcr. now when i try and set the timer on the epg it says 'make sure you set the timer on the video' which means i have to use syncro record.

i was under the impression i could set the timer in the epg and it would turn on the video when it was required. is this the case or am i expecting to much from it.

thanks

matt

2. Spanglemaker

Spanglemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Try connecting the VCR output on the VTXD800 to AV1 on the VCR. I had trouble initially but have got it working fine with my Panny HS2.

3. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i did put the scart from the freeview box into av1 and the symbol came on the display to show smartlink was on. but when i tried the epg and did a manual record nothing happened.

do the scarts need to be bidirectional?. the one i am using is a ixos 126av which is directed from the freeview to the vcr. but i understand that information carnt go the other way.

cheers

matt

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    You should use a two way scart anyway as then it will playback through the 800 saves a scart socket on the tv. Also are you on v.o9 .o1v on the 800 as this was a fix for this problem with some of the sony vcr's. Works fine on my old Panny

5. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my version is 1.09.04v. only got it on saturday

6. Giles

Giles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keep your sony freeview box switched on this evening on a bbc channel for 30 mins or so. There is a software update being broadcast.

More details here.

http://www.npe.sony.co.uk/news.html

Read the FAQ's about smarlink etc. Has some tips.