SONY VTX-D500U Digital Decoder

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by NormanB, May 26, 2004.

1. NormanB

NormanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have had the above receiver for about 2 years now and without problems. It receives its signal via a Hi Gain Aerial and reception has always been perfect.

For the past week I have been unable to receive (digitally) ITV, Ch4 and ITV2 and when these channels are selected the tuner banner comes up indicating the selecting channel ( i.e 'ITV2') but no picture and a small red square appears. I have set the box to retune but no difference to the described performance ensues. All other channels are perfect. There has been no severe weather and my aerial has not moved.

Any ideas? Or is the decoder kaput?

Thanks
    NormanB

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    I guess the box is ok if the other MUX are working ok. Does the box menu have a signal strengh metre at all ? Have you check if any work is being done on your local transmitter and the signal isnt running at full strengh ?

ITV etc use a different QAM to BBC so tends to be weaker or less robust.

Have you retuned the box ?

3. NormanB

NormanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

Yes, I have retuned the box but no difference ensued, same symptoms with only the loss of ITV, Ch4 and ITV2. My box does have a signal strength meter but it has NEVER shown anything. It is just blank and always has been.

How do I check the identity of my transmitter and any engineering works?

Thank you.

NormanB