Question Sony VS Samsung 85 ich TV?

joysleep1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Ok i have a massive decision to make in regards to which TV i need/want to buy.
I had my heart set on the 85xh9005 from richer sounds for 2600 pounds with the 6 year warranty. It is out of stock at the moment. I currently have some 60inch 2016 LG IPS 4k which is way to small for my extension living toom.
Now the dilemma comes in where i have a mate who can get discount with top end Samsung TVS. The two main ones are the QE85Q95TATXXU and the QE85Q80TATXXU.
I can get the first one for 2890 pounds and the 2nd one for 2408 pounds. I think it comes with 1 year warranty but can be extended not sure.

In an ideal world i would get the x950h because that is a superb TV which everyone raves about but that is way over my budget.
Now please note i will NOT be using this TV for gaming whatsoever.

Mainly IPTV football in 1080p 50fps. I have a lot of films and documentaries to watch in 2160p HDR resolutions. I do like my subtitles too.
And mainly standard TV watching really.

I have posted a few photos of how it will look in my room. I do have a large window which when the TV is off does look quite reflective but when it is on, it is barely noticeable.
Viewing angle is not hugely important but sometimes i do eat at the dining table and the photo of the angle shows where i sit and eat. LOL. (image IMG20201108121414 )

Which TV would you recommend i should get?

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks

Any ideas peeps. My guy said he's ready to order so I'm very tempted to go with the q95t unless anyone thinks that's a mistake

Don’t bother with the Q80T.

looking at John Lewis, their Q95T at 85” is £4.4k: so unless I have missed something huge, if you can get one for £2.9k then that is a bargain!!!! Only thing I would go for is get an extended warranty if you can: even if it costs like £200, you will still have a great deal.

Pretty sure the Q95T comes with wide angle filter as well, so that is another plus point.

I am sure others more in the tech know how will reply later, if you can wait a few hours?! If not, I would buy the Q95T.

Hope that helps.

Check this thread out:

Thanks for your input peeps. Anyone know how long the one connect cable is?

Don’t bother with the Q80T.

looking at John Lewis, their Q95T at 85” is £4.4k: so unless I have missed something huge, if you can get one for £2.9k then that is a bargain!!!! Only thing I would go for is get an extended warranty if you can: even if it costs like £200, you will still have a great deal.

Pretty sure the Q95T comes with wide angle filter as well, so that is another plus point.

I am sure others more in the tech know how will reply later, if you can wait a few hours?! If not, I would buy the Q95T.

Hope that helps.

So it's very clear the q95t is better then the xh900?

Can someone please confirm the 85q95t is wall mountable?
If I buy this I definitely want to wall mount it
Thanks

Yeah I was told the only difference between the Q90 and Q95 is the 95 comes with the connect box.

OK guys quick update. The discount thing from my friend didn't work out so I called richer sounds and just bought the 85xh505
I dunno what came over me. I got too tempted.
Please tell me this is tv is better than the q95t?

Both rated as high end LCDs so either should be a fine choice. The Sammy has HDMI 2.1 though....not sure how big a deal that is to you.

Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I don't game so minor for me anyway. I just heard Samsung over saturate and Sony looks more natural.
Dolby vision is a bonus

OK guys quick update. The discount thing from my friend didn't work out so I called richer sounds and just bought the 85xh505
I dunno what came over me. I got too tempted.
Please tell me this is tv is better than the q95t?

I think you have picked a fab TV and you will be very happy with it. I do prefer Sony TV’s in general tho, so I am a little biased!

85” is a monster!!!

Oh I can't wait. Its coming today but I have to work. As soon as I get back I'm setting up straight away. Feel like a kid again. Lol

Do me a favour when you do pleaseee

Get a pic with you standing in front of it so I can get a good idea of size. It's really hard to find such a pic on the internet and I gave away all my cardboard.

Be even better if you could stick a 55" for sizing as well 😁😁

Get a pic with you standing in front of it so I can get a good idea of size. It's really hard to find such a pic on the internet and I gave away all my cardboard.

Well I currently have a 60 inch lg TV. Not sure if you saw my pictures when I posted them of where my TV was.

Problem is I have builders in and our walls are getting painted so I'll have to keep it on the unit now and then wall mount it after they finish.

But I'll take some photos at various distances for you to get a look.

My old lg will be going into my loft so I can't take them together sorry.

So I set it up yesterday. Amazing TV. Loved the picture quality.
I have taken a few photos but my house is in a tip st the moment with the builders in.
Send me your details and I can send them directly to you.

So I set it up yesterday. Amazing TV. Loved the picture quality.
I have taken a few photos but my house is in a tip st the moment with the builders in.
Send me your details and I can send them directly to you.
Yeah I know how that goes. This place has been under constant renovation for 6 years now. Nearly finished! Will pm email.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom