1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony vpl12 projector and Isotek mini sub

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dragonfly, Aug 9, 2003.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am a new memeber,there are two things i would like to find out.
    I have got Sony vpl12 projector and i do notice a faint tiny red light spot in the middle of the screen only during a dark scene.I have read on this forum about dead pixel but this appear to be different it is not white or black dots in the corner.
    is this just a normal projection light:rolleyes:
    Secondly,apart from they key digital 4x1 switching box,the PJ,Amp/processor,DVD player,J.S tecnologhy RGB to component and the telewest box are connected to Isotek Mini Substation for clean line and sound improvement would anyone agree with me on this?.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Pixel problems on LCD pjs are generally caused by stuck pixels rather than dead ones. As each pixel is made up of red, green and blue sub-pixels a stuck pixel can be any of these colours, though generally, AFAIK, green or blue.

If yours is pixel sized, i.e. square, (go up close to the screen and you will be able to see the individual pixels) then it is most likely a faulty (stuck) pixel.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you for your reply Messiah,I suppose i have no choice but to live with it, since i got the PJ from Price japan in February this year.I was told by a friend that Sony will not replace PJ with one stuck or dead pixel.
    Do you think that it will get worse,ie end up with more than one (stuck) pixel or this is prominent with LCP PJ.

4. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    No it won't get worse. The defective pixel occurs at the time of manufacture, so what you get when you first switch it on is it.