Sony VPL-VW320ES Owners thread

Phil3345

It was in a pub I couldn't believe they would put such a low lumen pj in a pub .Put a cheap optoma 4k in and the loved it .

BaileyBob

As mentioned, we have had a few of lamps go very earl, I think either the lamp or projector has a
It was in a pub I couldn't believe they would put such a low lumen pj in a pub .Put a cheap optoma 4k in and the loved it .

Yes Sony very poor for lumen output.

I think Sony have a problem with the projector or the Lamps, as mentioned all of the 320's we have installed have had the lamps replaced between 1600 and 2200 hours, this is not acceptable when the cost of a lamp was a few hundred £.
I think they hav dropped the cost now.

Phil3345

Yea ive priced around 120 for a genuine lamp ,well so they said .The projector needed a good clean hopefully it will be fine ,if not ill send it off to be repaired .Might actually get round to changing my 1080 projector lol.

Phil3345

Thanks for replying .I will try the new lamp fingers crossed but worst case scenario ill send it off to be repaired ,

Phil3345

Quick update,New lamp fitted and its staying on .Its going back to Sony for a proper clean and re align of the lcd panels .Turns out the Sony measures the resistance of the lamp and that's how it knows how long its been on

pugheaven

wonder if anyone ever did try thebigger lumen 520ES lamp in a 320?

SeriousPigeon

Is there much difference between the Sony original part lamps, compared to the “original inside” compatible lamps (which are 35% of the price)?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom