1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-VW12HT Discontinued ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by William, Apr 30, 2003.

1. William

William
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently enquired from the Sony Home Cinema web site about information on the VPL-VW12HT. In particular I wanted to download a copy of the user manual. I thought it odd that there was no information at all on the site.

This is an extract from the reply I received:

"I have received your email regarding the VPL-VW12HT.

This model has been discontinued which is why you could not find any information on the site."

It does seem odd that such a new model has been discontinued without a replacement in sight, but could explain the recent price drop.

William

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mmmm.... that's a bit odd, because it's in the current Sony catalogue, along with the HS10 and HS2.......

Would certainly explain the price drop, is this the last chance to get a 12HT before the new generation PJs come on stream (would you want a 12HT ?)

Sean G.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
  4. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there is a lot of misinformation about the future of the VW12HT.

I claim absolutely zero inside knowledge but I am a new proud owner of a substantially reduced VW12HT. The info I got was that the 12 would remain current throughout the rest of this year and the 13 was due next year.

The 13 will certainly be nowhere close in price to the HS10 (I would think) so the 12 is a massive bargain if you don't care about DVI input.