1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony vpl-vw12ht aspect ratio

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fodma12, Jun 11, 2005.

1. fodma12

fodma12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been struggling with trying to get wxga format to be displayed properly on my 12ht. I've had no problems getting the full widescreen picture size over s-video, component (from a dvd player that is), but when using a VGA-RCA cable to connect my computer (using a radeon X800) to the projector it doesn't seem to want to display any of the widescreen formats properly.

Feel free to call me an idiot if i'm being stupid about this (I haven't had a great deal of exerience doing this), but if a standard 1280x1024 output can be accepted (all 4:3 formats work fine), why can't the native 1366x768? Whenever I attempt this it simply displays the widescreen signal in the same 4:3 area of the screen (compressing it horizontally).

I can't think why it wouldn't just accept a 1:1 pixel input, so I was hoping someone would either explain to me what i'm doing wrong, or at least simpathise with me =)

Cheers

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    You need to use a 56Hz refresh rate. Have a look on the HTPC forum. This subject is well covered with regard to the HS10 and HS20 I assume the 12HT has similar issues.

3. fodma12

fodma12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: worked first time, thanks!