1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-VW10HT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dangerous, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the process of fixing my projector to the ceiling can anyone tell me if it is important to locate the lens exactly in the middle of minimum and maximum travel distance from the screen, it is currently about 110mm further away. :cool:

2. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I assume you've taken the calculations from the manual ?

In which case the minimum and maximum are the min and max at which you can the use zoom on the lens to fill the screen.

So as long as your distance is between these 2 figures then it's not a problem. I mounted mine slightly further back than the midpoint just to make fitting slightly easier.

If you think you may be getting a different size screen at anytime, you may want to try and take that into account in the positioning so you could simply alter the zoom for a new screen.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Slingshot

3. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Slingshot, In the sony brochure it says that for a, 16:9 100 (inches) Screen (a) Min-3270mm, Max-3780mm. so you reckon it should be about 3570mm from the Screen?

Also, when they say screen size 16:9 100 (inches) are they saying 100 inches Width or 100 inches diagonal?

Cheers,

4. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply slingshot. I am now up and running and the picture seems ok. I will be posting again shortly as I have a input signal problem, maybe you will be able to help.
    Regards
    Dave

5. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yep anywhere between the min and max is fine, you then just use the zoom to finely adjust it.

Normally Sony refer to the screen size in width not diagonal.

I have the PDF of the manual which has a couple of pages on positioning and how too calculate projector position. just let me have your EMail and I'll send it to you.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Becareful with light output and zoom lenses.

Most projectors suffer with quite dramatic light fall off at one end of the zoom or other. Usually the long throw part is the more efficient because it has to bend the light less. the contrast is also affected.

I don't have figures for the Sony lens or know if it suffers in the way.Just a flag up the pole that I know most industrial projectors suffer big time.