1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-VW10HT lamps

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rigman, Feb 9, 2001.

1. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying the said projector but while looking around the net I noticed the horrendous prices of replacement lamps for the various lesser projectors on the market. Does anyone know how much to replace the sony lamp and has anyone any experience of how long in the real world that these things last for. Sony quote 2000 hours but i have heard claims that 1000 hours is more realistic.

thanks
    Darren

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,071
    According to Sony BPE's official website replacement lamps retail for about £380.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    The Sony VPL10 featured in this months Realife in HCC has just had it's lamp replaced. This unit is on almost 24 hrs a day. It took them 3 months to clock up 2000hrs.

At 2000hrs a warning comes on to inform you that it is best to replace the unit. Their's didn't fail. They could have re-set the timer and kept using it, but this wasn't recommended by Sony. We couldn't take chances with anything catastrophic happening that far out so they just replaced the lamp.

I'm not sure what the cost is, someone else dealt with that. It is running on cinema black mode for better black detail and extended lamp life.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !