Question Sony VPL-VW1000es 4k projector lamp timer help req.

Del Phillipson

Standard Member
I have recently purchased a Sony VPL-VW1000es 4k projector and the previous owner has put in a new lamp, he thought he had reset the lamp setting but I have a Please replace lamp message when I switch the projector on just for a few seconds. I have tried resetting the lamp timer to zero using the remote and it hasn't worked, still the same message. I have read somewhere that this operation can be done using the projector controls, any clues anyone and any ideas why the remote reset isn't working, the lamp has not dimmed at all so pretty sure the lamp has been replaced, thanks in advance, Del.

Stridsvognen

How do you know the lamp has not dimmed?

Stridsvognen

I would think to determine a difference you will need to measure lightoutput on a new vs old lamp.
Did you measure contrast on it before you bought it?

Stridsvognen

Im quite sure it must be listed in the user manual, maybe you actually need to take the lamp out and put it back in before you can reset it, im sure there is a switch on the lamp door.

With these SONY machines ill recommend to get contrast checked, as the panels normally degrade very fast.

Del Phillipson

Standard Member
All sorted, following the instructions you reset by using the remote, this doesn't work at all. Go to the menu on the projector scroll down to lamp settings and rest there, ought to have looked there in the first place, flippin instructions.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom