1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-HS20 - Stuck / Lazy pixels.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Apollo11, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Apollo11

Apollo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I have recently found a stuck open green pixel on my Sony LCD projector. I thought at first I wouldn't notice it in normal viewing but am finding I do. I have also noticed lots (at least 20) green pixels that are not as dark as others (they even seem to be noticeable on bright scenes but only VERY close to the screen). Some of them disappear in totally dark scenes but some are still there though not as bright as the stuck one. This means they must be doing something. Does anyone know if these are the beginning of totally stuck / dead pixels or are likely to stay as they are?. The projector has only been used for 168 hours so I am a little surprised. I am also surprised that 1 in 3.6 million pixels is seen at all. Has anyone else noticed this on a Sony VPL or indeed any LCD projector? - You have to look very closely on a blank screen (perhaps a DVD input with no disc playing)

Thanks.