1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony vpl-hs2 light overspill

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paul1672, Aug 24, 2003.

1. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    hi there.
    i'm wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me if it's usual to experience light overspill above the screen when using one of these pj's?
    it only appears about half way along just above the screen and at an angle.
    just wondering if there's any way i can correct this?
    the pj is sitting directly in line with the screen but i still have to use side shot2.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    it aint much of a problem,just one of those niggly little issues.
    apart from that i'm a very happy new pj owner.
    thanks in advance.
    paul1672

2. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    no-one have any ideas???

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I cannot really work out what you are saying here.

If the PJ is in line with the middle of the screen and firing straight ahead, then the picture should be level across the screen.

Can I suggest turing off the side-shot, ensuring that the PJ is smack bang inline. It may then be a case of tweaking the base unit/stand so that the overspill is removed.

I take is that the PJ is stand mounted still - and roughly level with the bottom of the screen?

Cap

:smashin:

4. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    soz for the dodgy question mate.
    the pj is still stand mounted on a coffee table.
    it's about a foot below the bottom of the screen so it's having to fire up at the screen at a slight angle.
    it seems maybe every time i set up the pj the side shot has different adjustments to be made (just watched star wars ep2 with only slight adjustment needed but still a little overspill).
    anyway,i guess until i manage to find a perfect spot for it it looks like it's summit i'll just have to put up with.
    many thanks any way.
    paul1672

5. murph200140

murph200140
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi paul
    You and me seem to be in the minority both being hs2 owners. Had mine for awhile now , I get light spill as well but it is just something that I've gotten used too .It sounds like we have a similar set up as well .I just try to put mine as centrally as possible .Clocked up about 260 hours now , and it doesn't spoil enjoyment at all .
    cheers Murph

6. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reading the set-up I would of thought the overspill would be occuring up the two sides because of the Keystone correction in the PJ due to the angle of projection to the screen. If you say that the overspill is happening along the top edge, and you ain't got any horizontal correction then I'm not sure what is going on. The slight bits of tweaking needed with each different source input will be down to the timing files and video signals being different.

If you have room, stick a piece of card to the lens that cuts off the excess light. Everybody's happy