1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-HS10 & Free 70" Screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by loonatic, Feb 28, 2003.

1. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Does anyone know what the 70" screen is like that is being offered free with the HS10 projector.

I have searched on the web but can't find any details on it.

I know it's a 16:9 format but wether it's a floor-standing type I don't know.

Eventually I would plan to install a motorised screen but this would certainly get me up'n'running until everything else is in place.

Any more details anyone ?

Cheers, Lee

2. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey lee.

I got my hs10 with the free screen and its perfectly fine to start you off.

The unit sits on the floor and the screen is manually drawn up and secured with a rod.

the wide screen panel is situated at the top with the bottom section all black to improve contrast.

just a tip:-

the securing arm at the top is better with longest end facing away from the screen, when put forward facing the screen leans forward and distorts the image.
    ;)

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the info mate :smashin:

Just one more question for ya, at what disatance do you watch your screen from ?

The reason I ask is that I might be getting a bit ahead of myself as the room that all the HT gear is eventualy going into will not be 'vacant' for a couple of months yet meaning that I will only be about 9ft away from the screen for now.

I know this is just about right for the throw distance but not too sure if it's far enough away for viewing. Eventually, I will be about 16ft away and may get a larger screen to go with it.

Cheers, Lee

4. dr_chasm

dr_chasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if the widescreen panel is situation at the top of the screen.... how far does this put the bottom of the panel from the floor?

just wondering as my hs10 is arriving next week and i'm doing a bit of preplanning on initial pj position...

/jAmES

5. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i'll just go ahead and answer both of you.

firstl Lee.

As it happens I sit quite close myself.

The room is only 12ft wide and i have employed a little side shot for now(not the ideal i know).

This means I am projecting on a slight angle from about 10ft.

The picture is fine.

You Cant realy see any pixalisation until you get about 5ft away.

so you should be finr for the 70".

Now for James....

The screen comes with an adjustable rod so you can set the height to yr preferance.

fully extended the top of the screen is probably 8ft from trhe floor.

hope this helps

Bet u guys are excited,have fun..:D