sony vpl-hs1 vs panasonic pta100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hurricaneuk, Oct 13, 2002.

1. hurricaneuk

hurricaneuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there every one I have seen both these lcd projectors on the net for roughly the same price. I would appreciate if you could advise me which would be the best one to go for as I am new to the home cinema scene any help would be appreciated I have a budget of 1500 pounds thanks again
    hurricaneuk
    :rolleyes:

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The VPL-HS1 is a lot older than the AE100, although has been a solid performer if you after a 4:3 panel projector. If you specifically want a widescreen panel projector then wait another month when Sony release the VPL-HS2. The AE100 has been discontinued and the AE200 comes out in January 2003. So you could wait and pick up the new models which should be cheaper. If you have the extra money the HS10 might be worth looking at but its probably out of your budget by £500-£700 :), the Sanyo Z1 might come in at your budget though.