1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL HS1 interconnect

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by philou, Jun 8, 2002.

1. philou

philou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have just ordered a video projector Sony Vpl-hs1 without Ifu-hs1 case because the role of switch will be in fact held by my Audio-Vidéo amplifier which has several exits S-Video and composite.
    I think however of acquiring the 'PJ-multi cable<->D15' (RVB) (ref. Sic-hs30) to make function this projo via a PCHT. In fact I will miss component connection if I wish one day to connect a DVD player of this type on the projo.

My question is the following one :

Is it possible to connect the video projector in component through the optional RVB cable ?

I know that a 'PJ-multi cable<->component' is avaible but considering the price of these cables , a small adaptor '3 Rca <-> DB15' will perhaps be ok.

Thank's for your answers

Philippe

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just stumbled across this post searching for the HS30 cable and I'm wondering the same thing. It may be of no use to you now but I am fairly certain that what you suggest should work because the VGA connector from the PC outputs to the R G B pins on the PJ-Multi and the component connector outputs to the same pins as they are shared (the projector detects whether the signal is full RGB or component).

If you have found this to work for you (if you still read this board!) please let me know.

Thanks.