1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-CX1 problem - please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Blaine, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Blaine

Blaine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

my projector turns off after about 3 hours viewing. The fan/temp light starts flashing, and according to the instructions that means the fan is broken. I'm sure it's not, as for 3 hours it works and I can here it!!!! Could it be overheated ? The instructions says a lit up (but not flashing) fan/temp light means it is overheated. Perhaps more space is needed under the fan, (about an inch now), or could it be more serious ?
    thank you for your help

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    My Z1 cut out once. I left a safeways bag near one of the air intakes. It had sucked the bag close to the pj blocking the intake. oops.

Not sure about your particular pj but it should have intakes on the side, front or back. Are you saying theres only an inch gap between the intakes and the box or whatever it's in? Doesn't sound like enough to me.

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Although Safeways bags are particularly prone to do this to projectors, watch out for some of the other supermarket bags also.

Hope this helps

Conor