Sony VPL-CX1 or VPL-CS2?

dsr99

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been reading some of the posts here with interest for the last week or so regarding the Sony CX1.

I eventually persuaded the wife to let me buy one from PC World today, but when we got there they had the CS2 for £1299 as well.

So we came away without either of them because I didn't know which one to buy!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Hello Dave,

There's a thread about this very question only a couple of weeks ago. Do a search on "CX1". I think the Epson was included, too.

Good luck!

Thanks Noel

I found the thread you were talking about and I've just been and picked up a CX1.

Can't wait to get home now.

PC World didn't have any screens though - where can I get one from (cheap!)

Dave

Good choice! As you may have gathered, I have one too.....

If you want a "starter" screen, look in the yellow pages for an audio visual supplier and you should be able to get a matte white pull down 5 foot screen for around £110.

Good luck!

Hi,<br /> I seriously suggest if you like DIY to get some MDF and Ice Storm 5 paint from B&Q. I was pleased with the Sony projector but after seeing a small painted 50" whiteboard screen painted with this greyish paint I was gobsmacked how good the blacks look for an LCD projector!. I`m now trying to find a local supplier who can deliver 80" MDF board so I can paint that with this IceStorm 5 paint to make an awesome screen for the price of about 25 quid!.

when I have this MDF I`ll post some pictures although my next step is to get a dolby pro/II/DTS/DD decoder and large speakers!.

James

The model b seems cheap from <a href="http://www.direkt2u.co.uk/upto200.htm" target="_blank">here</a>

Dave, which modelb and size did you go for?

Please give us your first impressions of your projector.

I wanted to make one from MDF and the Dulux paint and see how good it was, but the wife wouldn't have it (I'm rubbish at DIY).

So I've ordered myself a Model B.

Thanks for your help guys.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom