1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-CS4 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paul@keeb.frees, Dec 12, 2004.

1. paul@keeb.frees

paul@keeb.frees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony VPL-CS4 is refusing to switch on most of the time (just the orange On/Standby light showing) and if I can get it to come on it won't switch off - if I press the on/off button the Menu display appears. I have to unplug at the mains to switch off. Does it need a reset of some sort (and if so does anyone know what sequence of buttons to press?) or is it something more serious?

Thanks.

2. paul@keeb.frees

paul@keeb.frees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

No responses to this yet. Does that mean it's an unknown problem? If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, even an indication of seriousness. Thanks.

3. paul@keeb.frees

paul@keeb.frees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no responses. Now I'm seriously worried! OK, if this is an unknown problem, can anyone give me advice on the best way to get it repaired without being ripped off? e.g. a reliable repair service, preferably in or near Manchester.

Thanks.

4. danny_chev

danny_chev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul. We had similar problems. We cleaned the filter and it started up for a few minutes. Then went off again.

We opened it up to check the lamp and it had cracked, presumably through overheating with users just unplugging it from the mains instead of letting it power down itself with the fan still on.

We had to replace the broken lamp and then everything worked ok. Lamp was about £225 + vat.

Dan

5. paul@keeb.frees

paul@keeb.frees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. Do you mind me asking where did you manage to get a bulb for £225 + VAT? The best I can find is £296 + VAT.

6. jimbobt

jimbobt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got one from ebay. :)