1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPL-CS2 problems/service

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lappinp, Nov 26, 2001.

1. lappinp

lappinp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Sony VPL-CS2 that has a blue fog on across the screen. This is stronger around the edges. I don't believe its dirt but something more serious like a damaged LCD panel.

Can anyone recommend a good Central London dealer or repair shop for Sony projectors, unfortunatley its also out of warranty.

If anyone as had any repairs done on Sony/or similar projectors could you let me know how much it cost and what is was for. Iam trying to work out how much money I have to find coming up to Christmas.

Thanks

Paul

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

I have repaired many projectors in the past 6 years and your problem with blue fog sounds like a uniformity condensor lens in the optical unit as come loose/needs adjusting. if you can project a pure white signal into the machine using say the windows desktop or test program you will be able to see a cyan/yellow cast aroung the sides of the image.

If you have any problems or require it repairing leave me a message and I could arrange collection for repair.

Dave

3. bushydon

bushydon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I was just wondering if someone could help me with my Sony VPL-CS2 ? I was using it and on it's cool down cycle there was a pop sound and the machine switched off and now I've got all 3 lights on they are glowing continously. When I switch the CS2 on nothing happens (No fans just the 3 lights). Any help would be much appreciated. Regards bushydon. :lease:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009