1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPH-1272Q connection question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by shadow15b, May 4, 2005.

1. shadow15b

shadow15b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: help I have a sony vph-1272q..projector ..onkyo 502 amp ..comcast cable ..JVC dvd...RGB monster cable hooked from projector R ,G/G sync, B ,to onkyo amp Y,PB,R......my question is there are 2 extra BNC connectors (sync hd and VD) on the projector are these needed to get HD picture ..Can I use the onboard remote to do all the adjustment that are in the manual (how do you get to the servicemans mode )thanks For your help

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    shadow15b
    from the sound of it you are connecting component video into the RGB port of the projector which will give you very strange colours. (1272 won't take component)

The use of the sync input on the projector for HD will depend on the output and conversion of your HD player, which, from your list you don't have yet.

Yes you can use the remote inside the projector, it is just the same as a wireless one (except it's not wireless)

Entry to service mode is in the manual. but just incase you haven't got to page 47 press and hold the test key for 5 seconds

3. shadow15b

shadow15b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help ..could you tell me what would be a good hd player that you were talking about ...Dave