1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPH-1252 and rgb sync problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tonza, May 22, 2004.

1. tonza

tonza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!

I'm new here so I'm sorry if this kind of question has been asked before.
    Altough I could not find one..

I have a Sony VPH-1252 projector with IFB-11-board and a Panasonic DMR-HR2 DVD/HDD player/recorder. I made an RGB-cable from Panasonic SCART to projector BNC's. First I couldn't get any picture, but then I plugged the composite signal to G so the sync was on the green so only RGsB was plugged. This works just fine, I can see all the menus etc but when I try to watch some DVD, the picture goes outout of sync. Does this have something to do about the progressive scan?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I don't think that the HS-2 outputs a progressive signal, so it's not likely to be anything to do with a progressive signal.

It's possible (probable) that the sync signal from the scart output (from the dvd player) is a bit too 'weak' for the projector. That's usually the case when going from a scart output directly to a rgb+sync input. It's probably OK (projector locks on) when the image is stationary but the projector isn't locking on to the sync with a regular picture. You probably need to use a sync blaster cable from Keene electronics to boost the sync up a bit. However, I'd be a little reluctant to purchase something like this (just to gain an interlaced rgb picture) when the s-video output from your recorder is probably almost as good.

Brian

3. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I just spotted the fact that you're asking about a HR-2 model rather than the HS-2.

I'm not familiar with that model, and I don't want to dig myself a 'deeper hole' here...and I don't want to confuse you any further but, ....if the HR-2 has a progressive output, then it's more likely to be a component video output which may not be available on the scart output. That's usually on 3 phono connectors. It hasn't been the 'norm' to output progressive rgb on european kit.

Check and see if your projector can actually handle a progressive component input. Check and see what outputs on the dvd player are progressive.
    If your projector can handle a progressive component input AND your dvd player has a progressive component output then you can connect them directly.

If your projector can only handle an progressive rgb input and your dvd player only outputs a progressive component signal then you'll need a transcoder.

I think that the board on your projector will handle rgbhv only and that your dvd player will only output a progressive component signal. These are incompatible and you'll have to use a transcoder (e.g. Key Digital CTC-A3) to convert component to rgbhv. An alternative would be to stick with the dvd output set to interlaced component (or s-video) and to purchase a line doubler like an Iscan pro or ultra.

Brian

4. tonza

tonza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course it is HS2 (not HR2) :) and at least Panasonic claims that it has progressive output.. And the player's own menus shows ok, but as soon as I start the DVD, the picture goes out of sync even when only displaying static menu from the disc. When playing from the harddisk, the picture is fine.
    And the projector can lock with RGsB, RGBS and RGBHV.
    Any other suggestions? :)

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    This could be a macrovision problem. Try using a non protected DVD.
    If the picture is working with the internal menus and playback from HD your cable must be ok.
    I too have never seen a progressive signal from a scart lead.
    Your IFB11 board will only acept RGB but it will not have a problem with the frequency or the fact it is sync on green.
    Try taking the green lead and putting it into the composite video source. (picture should be black and white) if the picture breaks with playback of DVD you have a sync issue.